Monday, March 2, 2009

For the Love of Chocolate

I am a bit late in posting my February challenge, since we got a new computer (YES!) and I needed to transfer the photos.

The February 2009 challenge is hosted by We
ndy of WMPE's blog and Dharm of Dad ~ Baker & Chef.  The have chosen a Chocolate Valentino cake by Chef Wan; and a Vanilla Ice Cream recipe from Dharm and one from Wendy as the challenge.

I have to say that my pictures do not do this cake any justice.  

It was delicious - but looks kinda ugly (that is...if chocolate can be ugly..).  Also - even though there were only 3 ingredients in this cake - they key is the type of chocolate you use.  Whatever type of chocolate you use, that is what the cake will taste like.  I got a pound (yes.. a pound) of dark chocolate at Trader Joes and also added a few bars of milk chocolate for a bit more sweetness.


My taste testers (husband and parents) seem to love it - so I think it came out pretty good.  I actually didn't get to make the ice cream because I waited until the last minute before my parents were coming over (of course I did!).  Instead, I made home made sweet whipped cream.


Stay tuned for March!!

1 comment:

Marye said...

mmm... wasn't it a fun recipe? Yours came out really nice!

marye
bakingdelights