Sunday, May 3, 2009

Creativity with Cheescake

Once again, a bit late in posting April's challenge. This thing they call "work" seems to be taking over my spare time these days..

The April 2009 challenge was hosted by Jenny from Jenny Bakes. She chose Abbey's Infamous Cheesecake as the challenge.

This was my first cheescake actually and it turned out great. The key with this challenge was to be creative, which is not really my thing (I wish it was..). The recipe was a basic cheescake, but instead of regular graham crackers, I used cinnamon grahams from Trader Joes that seemed to give the crust a richer flavor.

I also added a layer of rasberry preserves between the crust and the cheesecake filling, so that when you take a bite you get a nice little suprise.

For the topping, I made a dark chocolate ganache.

I brought this to our family's Easter celebration it went over well.

My Aunt Karen took home the leftovers and I got a voicemail from her later in the week, saying "it was the best week of my life, because I had that cheesecake to look forward to everyday." HaHa...

Happy Spring!

2 comments:

SweetsSuccessBaking said...

That's a lovely looking cheesecake!

Unknown said...

when you placed the raspberry jam between the crust and the cheesecake mix, did it stood there? or did it mixed with the cheesecake?